Monday 22 November 2010

Supermarket confusion

First some background. Cleaning materials and items such as biscuits, tea, coffee and milk can be claimed for income tax purposes. Originally, I hadn’t intended to claim these, but Ayelet explained to me that the tax man always strikes out some entries, even if all are perfectly legit, and so I should claim everything – so he causes less damage.
So Shaul and I went to our supermarket. I had explained to Shaul the procedure, but I must have made a botch-up of the explanation, and he mixed items up at the check-out point. I got nervous and started rearranging the items and kept saying to him (loudly) “No, not that; yes, yes that,” and so on. He swore never to go shopping with me again. Finally everything was split into two bills, and then I had to get a formal receipt at another desk, which took time and I could feel his patience stretching even thinner. Finally I was the proud possessor of a formal invoice for the recognized goods.
And I have to repeat this next time we go shopping. Hopefully we will get used to the routine and the tension will be reduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment