Monday 1 November 2010

Learning to be free

So why did I name this Jacqui’s Quest? I think it is because I have started a learning process. One that maybe I was forced into, but is nevertheless very welcome, and something I should have initiated many years ago. My sons have always told me to ‘go it alone’, but the comfort of having a monthly salary was just too great.
So what happened? The major product was sold off and there was not enough work to justify me working full-time. Yes – I was fired. But there was light at the end of the tunnel and I decided to become a freelancer and offer my services to my old company and others who know my work. If I have to, I will learn to promote myself and actively search out projects.
I want to use this space to log the legal processes I have to/have gone through and also my personal learning process. As most of the legal stuff is behind me, I’ll condense it into a few entries, and then from that point on start writing as I learn.
I hope you enjoy the journey with me, and if you want to leave a comment with advice (or encouragement), it will be most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what advice I can give you but I'm behind you all the way - I'm confident, knowing you for as long as I have, that you'll be successful! Pat
    PS I don't understand 'select profile'.I hope I've done the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat - thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete