Friday 18 March 2011

Closing the Third Project

I was invited to Europe to pass across the project (#3). The trip was scheduled for just a few days before we go away on our 7-week trip, but that’s life. I made the most of it and saw friends in the evening. I believe that the project is in good hands and that they have hired an experienced technical writer.

I spoke to the CEO and head of product management to see how they saw our future connection. I was pleased to hear that they believe that there will be so much work that I will again be asked to help. If I am lucky, I might also receive some product management work as they are reopening a project that I was in charge of when it was created. So I come away feeling optimistic and knowing that I finished off in a professional way.


Notes on travelling and being a freelancer

I was told that I either collected receipts for everything or received ‘eshel’, a Hebrew acronym for food, drink and sleep. I did both and I’ll let the accountant decide. Company #3 paid for the air ticket, hotel and taxis to and from the airport. I only needed incidental expenses, such as food and local taxis.  So looking at that I think ‘eshel’ plus taxi expenses sounds about right.

This will be my last post until May as I will be in the far south with only satellite contact. But as that is a pleasure trip and not work, the only thing I could publish would be my diary…

No comments:

Post a Comment